This policy explains what help we can give to improve the condition and suitability of homes in our district and how we decide what grants and financial assistance can be made available.
We have set out our aims and priorities in our Housing Strategy 2005-2011. To help us achieve our aims and priorities we will consider providing financial assistance to achieve the following:
- improve the quality, condition and energy efficiency of homes in the Cherwell district
- enable vulnerable people to remain in their homes
- provide adapted homes for disabled people
- bring empty homes back into use
- provide affordable homes in the private rented sector
- reduce fuel poverty
- improve areas where socio-economic factors or housing stock condition suggest intervention is appropriate.
You can download the full policy from the downloads section on the right.
- [PDF] Private sector housing - grants and assistance (49kb)