How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
In partnership with Thames Valley Police we have a CCTV network covering the 3 main urban areas.
The cameras are monitored by Thames Valley Police in the control room at Banbury Police Station.
Information is retained for 31 days and then destroyed.
We use CCTV to help...
- To keep Cherwell a safe and clean place in which to live, work and visit
- Reduce antisocial behaviour, youth nuisance, drug and alcohol misuse, and provide public reassurance
- To secure arrests and prosecutions of perpetrators of crimes and anti-social behaviour
- Gain evidence of environmental crimes such as graffiti, vandalism, littering and fly-tipping
- To ensure that traffic flows easily and safely through the city's streets
- To provide traffic management support and enforcement of moving traffic offences using CCTV surveillance
- To monitor and support the public address system and help points throughout the towns
- To provide assistance and direction in the event of emergencies in the towns of Cherwell.
The cameras are also used in other circumstances:
- missing persons
- missing vehicles
- welfare of vulnerable people.
For further information please contact us us on 01295 227989.