How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
Under the rules of local housing allowance room entitlements are determined based on how your family is made up. Click more for criteria.
- Single people under 25 will receive the shared room rate unless they are care leavers or disabled
- Joint tenants who are single and have no children will receive the shared room rate
- One bedroom for:
- Every single adult or every adult couple, plus one additional room for:
- Any other adult aged 16 or over
- Any two children under age 10
- Any two children of the same sex under 16
- Any other child
- (from April 2011) a carer who does not live with you but regularly has to stay overnight to care for a member of your family.
Back to Local housing allowance FAQs