The food team inspect food premises to protect the public and ensure high standards are maintained and promoted.
The purpose of a food inspection is:
- to ensure that food is handled and produced hygienically
- to ensure that food is safe to eat
- to prevent contamination risks through hazard analysis
- to ensure that staff are trained in food hygiene
- to inspect the condition of the premises and the equipment
- to ensure precautions are taken to prevent pest infestation
- to ensure that staff are displaying high standards of personal hygiene.
For further information regarding food safety and food inspection law please contact Public Protection (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01295 221803).
Back to Food FAQs