Website URL :

Can I run a food business from my home?

Normally the answer is yes. If you do run a food business from your home then it becomes subject to the same food hygiene regulations as any other business and you might have to install additional facilities. You must also register using the online form to the right of this page.

You should seek advice from our Planning and Building Control departments (01295 227006) to check if planning permission/building regulations are required and also if you will be required to pay Business Rates (01295 227000).

Contact customer service to register or see the downloadable form to the right hand side of this page.

Back to Food FAQs
Cookie Policy