Website URL :

Do I require planning permission for a conservatory/extension/porch?

Planning permission may be needed.

In order to provide you with a legal and meaningful response to your inquiry there is scope under the Town and Country Planning Act to issue you with a Certificate of Lawfulness which would confirm whether or not planning permission is required for your proposed development. This is a legally binding document that can be kept with the deeds associated with your property. You can apply online for a Certificate of Lawfulness at the Planning Portal using the link to the right, or download the relevant application forms from our website using the link under the 'See Also' section of this page.

Alternatively, the information that you need in order to establish whether or not planning permission is required for your proposal can be found online via the Planning Portal using the building work link to the right of this page. If you establish from the Planning Portal that planning permission is required for your proposed development you can apply for planning permission via the Planning Portal or download the relevant forms from our website as above.

Due to time and resource limitations, I am afraid that we are not in a position to enter into individual correspondence relating to minor planning matters.

If you consider that your proposed development is within your permitted development rights, you need to check your property history to make sure these have not been removed. You can do this by visiting main reception at Bodicote House.

Depending on circumstances, listed building or conservation area consent may also be required.

The Planning Portal provides details of how and why to apply for planning permission.

Back to Planning FAQs
Cookie Policy