Website URL :

I have received a council tax bill even though I am on benefit, why?

You may not qualify for full council tax reduction. You may have stopped getting income support, jobseeker's allowance, employment and support allowance or pension credit and have not filled in a standard claim for council tax reduction.

The only information held by the billing and collection section is the total amount of reduction  you are receiving for a period. You will need to discuss any concerns with customer service who will check that you have been granted the correct amount of reduction. If the amount is incorrect, the council tax records will be updated and an amended bill issued.

Please use the link on the right hand side of this page to contact customer service.

Back to Benefits FAQs
Cookie Policy