Website URL :

What can I do with hazardous waste?

Hazardous waste means rubbish with certain characteristics which cause danger to health or the environment.

All of the Waste Recycling Centres (or 'tips') in Oxfordshire, including the two in the Cherwell district, take the following items for safe recycling/disposal:

  • pesticides
  • insecticides
  • household cleaning chemicals
  • other garden chemicals
  • car care products
  • car batteries
  • engine oil
  • aerosols
  • pharmaceuticals
  • photographic chemicals.

The site at Ardley can take asbestos, but you must telephone in advance.

Oxfordshire County Council can answer general enquires about how to handle hazardous waste.

Cookie Policy