How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
We provide opportunities for older people within the community to take part in leisure activities. This may include cultural, sporting and other organised social activities.
What the service is for
We, like the rest of Britain, have an ageing population profile. Government forecasts predict an increase in the over-65 age range of 53% by 2021. We have focused on 6 aims for older people in the community plan 2016 and also on wider national issues affecting the age group.
The 6 aims for older people in the plan are:
- increase involvement
- improve advice and support
- reduce discrimination
- promote independent living
- more care places
- better transport options.
We welcome suggestions to improve the existing services and range of activities that we offer. If you would like more information on recreation opportunities within the Cherwell District please contact community recreation (see under contacts to the right).
How you can access the service
The service is available to anyone over the age of 50.
Older Peoples Day Events
A selection of events coming up to celebrate Older Peoples Day are available to view in downloads.
- [PDF] Mr Laurel Flyer (487kb)
- [PDF] UK Older Peoples Day Events (502kb)
- [PDF] UK Older Peoples Day Events - Sport Offers 28 Sept to 2 Oct 2015 (560kb)
- [PDF] UK Older Peoples Day in Kidlington (468kb)
- [PDF] Creating Dementia Friendly Communities in Bicester (179kb)
- [PDF] Creating Dementia Friendly Communities in Banbury (131kb)
- [PDF] Musical Sing Along with Jamie Wilkinson (314kb)