Cherwell is rich in arts and cultural activities, providing a diverse range of entertainment throughout the district.
The Mill Arts Centre in Banbury, the Courtyard Youth Arts Centre in Bicester and smaller venues provide theatre, dance, live music and workshops.
Banbury and Bicester Town Councils and Kidlington Parish Council run a number of free events for families throughout the summer and in winter, hold Christmas lights switch on celebrations.
- Bloxfest (May)
- Deddington Festival (June)
- Banbury Hobby Horse Festival (July)
- Fairport's Cropredy Convention (August)
- Bicester Jazz Festival (August)
- Old Town Party (Banbury Town Council)
- Banbury Canal Day and Arts and Crafts Market (Oct)
There are many more themed events at small venues.