How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
Information and advice on local arts organisations, exhibitions and events.
Cherwell is rich in arts and cultural activities, providing a diverse range of entertainment throughout the district.
There is a rural touring scheme serving north Oxfordshire that brings quality professional arts events to village halls and community spaces. The season runs from September to March and includes theatre, dance, music, comedy, puppets and children's theatre.
The Mill Arts Centre and Live Arts at St Mary's in Banbury, the Courtyard Youth Arts Centre in Bicester and smaller venues provide theatre, dance, live music and workshops.
Banbury and Bicester Town Councils and Kidlington Parish Council run a number of free events for families throughout the summer and in winter, hold Christmas lights switch on celebrations.
For event details, under 'See Also' see 'Events'.
- The Kirtlington Lamb Ale (Village Festival) (June)
- Bloxham Steam Rally (June)
- Old Town Party (July)
- Deddington Festival (June/July)
- Banbury Hobby Horse Festival (July)
- Fairport's Cropredy Convention (August)
- Bicester Jazz Festival (August)
- Banbury Canal Day and Arts and Crafts Market (Sept/Oct)
There are many more themed events at small venues.