Equal opportunities in employment policy statement
We are fully committed to equal opportunities in employment and oppose any form of unfair discrimination on grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, criminal record, age, sexuality, religious or political belief, membership or non-membership of a trade union, or HIV status.
We take all possible steps to:
- treat employees and potential employees fairly
- ensure that decisions on recruitment, selection, promotion, and training are made solely on merit and ability to carry out the job
- work within the framework of the law and published codes of practice on equal opportunities in employment
We will make any necessary and reasonable adjustments to accommodate the needs of disabled employees and applicants such as:
- accepting applications from disabled candidates in alternative formats including tape, computer disc, braille, or by telephone
- interviewing all disabled applicants who meet the selection criteria for a job vacancy
- making adjustments to premises
- seeking to give all employees equal access to training and development opportunities
- having clear, fair and sensitive procedures for dealing with unfair discrimination and harassment
We monitor all areas of the policy to:
- check that unfair discrimination is not taking place
- actively develop its employment policies, procedures and practices
- decide what actions to take for equal opportunities
We communicate the policy to all employees and potential employees and give training and guidance to all who put it into action.
We positively welcome applicants for jobs from all sections of the community.
- [PDF] Workforce Data as at 31 March 2015 (47kb)