How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
Our aim is to prevent homelessness by providing help, support and advice.
We are responsible for:
- giving advice and help to prevent homelessness
- investigating claims of homelessness and determining our responsibility
- giving advice and support to help you stay in your present home or move you into alternative accommodation
- supporting homeless applicants in temporary accommodation and assisting them into more settled accommodation.
If you are likely to become homeless in the next 28 days you should contact us to make an appointment with a Housing Options Officer.
We will request documentary proof. This can include proof of:
- right to remain in this country
- local connection with the district
- threat of legal proceedings.
This list is not exhaustive. We will only request relevant documentation.
If we carry out a full homeless investigation we aim to arrive at a decision within 33 working days.
To the right there are links to other organisations you can contact for advice, including Shelter.
- [PDF] Homelessness Prevention Action Plan 2013-14 (537kb)
- [PDF] Homeless - Your guide to help (278kb)
- [PDF] Homechoice (114kb)
- [PDF] Homeseekers Application Form (345kb)
- [PDF] Applying for a home in Cherwell (413kb)
- [PDF] Current Housing Allocation Scheme (543kb)
- [PDF] Previous Housing Allocation Scheme - for information only (723kb)