We provide a local land charges official search service providing specialised knowledge and expertise to ensure an accurate and efficient service.
How the service operates
The option to upload a local search on the website has been decommissioned until further notice. The options for submission at present are:
- Postal using the official CON29 and LLC1 forms and enclosing a cheque made payable to Local Land Charges, Cherwell District Council, Bodicote House, Bodicote, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX15 4AA or DX24224 Banbury.
- Email the LLC1 and CON29 forms to: email@example.com and make payment over the phone using debit/credit card (Telephone 01295 221596 to make a payment).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching LLC1 and CON29 forms and advise us if you would like to be invoiced for your search.
Please be aware that we cannot reproduce the LLC1 and CON29 forms as this is a breach of copyright.
Usually individuals will instruct a solicitor to request an official search, but as long as the correct forms (contact any legal form stationer) and a plan of the property are provided, anyone can request an official search.
The purpose of the local authority search is to notify purchasers of any restrictions or constraints that control the manner in which you may use or develop a property and it will notify you of notices and orders relevant to the property.
The local search is split into three sections:
- LLC1 that provides local land charge register entries
- CON29R that provides responses to standard predetermined questions concerning planning, building control, housing, highway and traffic schemes and environmental issues
- CON29O that has predetermined but 'optional' questions should you wish to ask them.
Fee list effective 1 April 2017
*Fees now subject to VAT
The CON29R &CON29O element will be subject to VAT from the 1st January 2017. VAT will be added to the CON29 element only i.e. (£98+VAT@20%)+£30 =standard search fee. Optional enquiries (CON29O), additional CON29R parcels and own worded enquiries will be subject to VAT.
LLC1 + CON29R* (full search)
£147.60* (including VAT on the CON29R element)
*CON29R only (No LLC1)
LLC1 only (Search of the register)
£30 (non vatable)
*CON29O (Optional enquiries) 4-21
£10 each* + VAT
*CON29O Question 22
£37.80 incl VAT
Part 3 Own worded enquiries
£20* + VAT
Addition Parcel LLC1
Additional Parcel *CON29R
£18* + VAT
Additional Parcel Q22
£1* + VAT
LLC1 official search in one part of the register
Building Regulations - Telephone 01295 227006 or email email@example.com
Planning decisions - Applications from 1995 can be found on this website. Prior to 1995 email firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Legal Agreements - Telephone 01295 221596 or email email@example.com
All other agreements and copy documents please refer to Land Charges in the first instance. Telephone 01295 221596.
How long will it take
We aim to complete all standard searches (LLC1 + CON29R) in approximately 10 working days. Non-standard searches those including the CON29O form, multiple or additional enquiries or complex sites may take longer, but we still aim to complete all searches within 10 working days.
We carry indemnity insurance which covers search reports completed by us and we are liable for any negligent or incorrect entry in the records searched, any negligent or incorrect interpretation of these records and any negligent or incorrect recording of that interpretation in the search report.