How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
You can now order your Compostable liner online. Delivered free to your door!
Brown bin and caddyWhat goes in the brown bin:
Contents are composted.
- food waste cooked and uncooked
- prunings - branches up to 2cm in diameter
- pet straw and sawdust
- grass cuttings
- plants and leaves
What stays out of the brown bin:
- plastic of any kind, including bin liners, plastic bags and cling film
- animal waste
- soil, bricks, rubble and ash
- general household waste (including nappies)
Residents can use a small kitchen caddy to collect all the leftover food, peelings and other food waste. All food waste, cooked and uncooked can go into the caddy, and you can use compostable liners or newspaper to line the caddy. Or you can put the food waste in loose. Once your caddy is full it can all go into the brown bin along with your garden waste
Compostable caddy liners
These are available from our vending machines at the locations below
- Kidlington Link Point - Exeter Hall, Oxford Road, Kidlington
- Bicester Link Point - 8 Market Square, Bicester
- Bodicote House - White Post Road, Bodicote
- Tourist Information Desk in the Banbury Museum
- NEW SERVICE - You can now order Compostable liner online with free delivery.
Please do not put the kitchen caddy out for collection.
If you need to order additional brown bins see 'Ordering additional bins' under 'See also' (right).
To replace a damaged kitchen caddy please call 01295 227003.
If you have a home compost bin, some of your kitchen waste can be home composted instead of going in to brown bin. Look under 'see also' to the right to find out how you can start composting at home.