How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
To arrange bulky waste collections
Please telephone recycling and waste customer service on 01295 227003 to make a booking.
It costs £16 to remove up to 3 items, for a list of items that we are able to remove please see download to the right. We can take a maximum of 6 items per collection. (6 items would cost £32)
- Items are usually collected within ten working days on either a Thursday or Friday.
- Items must be placed for collection outside your house, on your property as close to the highway as possible or at your bin collection point.
- Items must be ready for collection by 7am and will be collected between 7am and 5pm.
- For insurance purposes, we do not collect from inside your property.
Bulky waste items
- We cannot take builders rubble, liquids or corrosives, poisonous or medical wastes, any glass items, mirrors or mirrored doors.
- Carpet must be cut into 4ft lengths before collection.
- We only take items that are specified at time of booking.
Can your bulky waste item be re-used?
Furniture Collection If your items are in good condition there is the option of them being re-used. Below are organisations in the district that take unwanted items.
· Sobell House Hospice Charity Warehouse, Unit 2, McKay Trading Estate, Station Approach, Bicester, OX26 6BZ 01869 245235
· Bicester Green, Unit 2, McKay Trading Estate, Station Approach, Bicester, OX26 6BZ 01869 388564 or email@example.com
· Bicester Moves - List of shops and events, Bicester Moves, Bicester, 07591 754787 01869 388564.
Moving in November? Click here
· Community Voluntary Services furniture project, 14 Lower Cherwell Street, Banbury, OX16 5AY on 01295 267741
· EMMAUS Oxford's second hand furniture store Westlands Drive, Northway Estate, Oxford, OX3 9QY on 01865 763698
· Katharine House Hospice, 40a High Street Banbury OXON OX16 5ET 01295 262973
· Faithworks Furniture Project, Banbury Community Church, Innovation Centre, Banbury 07979 043851
Collection may be available on request.
There are many other organisations who will also be able to reuse your unwanted item. Please see the link to the right for charity shop locations.
You can also take larger items of household rubbish such as old fridges, furniture or cookers to a Household Waste Recycling Centre (or 'tip') - follow the link on the right to find your nearest.
- [PDF] Bulky waste items list (7kb)