How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
We can arrange special collections for unwanted large items such as furniture or those that will need special disposal treatment (e.g. refrigerators). Or you can get in touch with the reuse charities below.
To arrange bulky waste collections
Please telephone waste and recycling customer service on 01295 227003 to make a booking. We are unable to take online bookings at present. Pricing structure is below.
The pricing structure is detailed below with two lists of items. List 1 is £18 for up to 3 items and list 2 - bulky saver list is £9 for up to 3 items. (see download to the right for lists)
|List 1||List 1||List 2||List 2|
|Animal cage||Gym equipment||Barbeque||Push chair/wheel chair|
|Armchair||Internal house door (not glass)||Bike||Radiator|
|Bathroom/kitchen sink||Kitchen unit||Computer||Satellite dishes|
|Baths (not cast iron)||Mattress||Computer equipment||Strimmer|
|Bed Base||Mobility scooter||Cooker/oven/hob||Television|
|Book case||Sideboard||Dishwasher||Tumble dryer|
|Carpet one room 4ft rolls||Stool||Fridge||Washing machine|
|Chest of drawers||Table||Gas/electric fire|
|Desk||Underlay one room 4ft rolls||Hoover|
|Dining chair (max 4)||Wardrobe||Ironing board|
|Dressing table||Washing line||Microwave|
|Garden chairs (plastic, max 4)||Water butt||Mower|
|Garden furniture||Wooden fire surround||Pressure washer|
Payment is made before the collection takes place.
You can pay with a debit/credit card but please note there is a 1.3% surcharge for credit card payments. Details will be taken when you contact us to make a booking and we will then let you know the collection day.
- Items are usually collected within ten working days on either a Thursday or Friday.
- Items must be placed for collection outside your house as close to the highway as possible but still on your property or in the same place that you usually leave your bins for collection
- Items must be ready for collection by 7am and will be collected between 7am and 5pm
- For insurance purposes, we do not collect from within the your house
- We cannot take builders rubble, liquids or corrosives, poisonous or medical wastes, any glass items, mirrors or mirrored doors. Carpet must be cut into 4ft lengths before collection.
- We only take items that are specified at time of booking.
If you have items that can be fixed and you are happy to donate them please get in contact with Bicester Green. For more information, please contact the centre on 01869 388 564 or email email@example.com. Bicester green are always looking for volunteers, so if you want to help fix up old furniture and bikes please get in contact with the centre. Unit 2, McKay Trading Estate, Station Approach, Bicester, OX26 6BZ
Used furniture being loaded onto van If your unwanted items are in good condition there is the option of them being re-used. Below are a few places in the district that take some unwanted items.
- Sobell House warehouse Bicester, Unit 2, McKay Trading Estate, Station Approach, Bicester, OX26 6BZ (collection services available) 01869 245 235
- Banbury CVS furniture project on 01295 267741
- EMMAUS Oxford's secondhand furniture store on 01865 763698
- Katherine House Hospice, 40a High Street Banbury OXON OX16 5ET will also take unwanted items of furniture. Telephone 01295 262973
- Faithworks Furniture Project, Banbury Community Church, Innovation Centre, Banbury collects unwanted items of furniture, electrical items and household goods and delivers these to residents referred to them by social services. However they are unable to take televisions. Please contact on 07979043851.
There are many other organisations who will also be able to reuse your unwanted item. Please see the link to the right for charity shop locations.
You can also take larger items of household rubbish such as old fridges, furniture or cookers to a Waste Recycling Centre (or 'tip') - follow the link on the right to find your nearest.