How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
We provide green rubbish bins for non-recyclable household waste. One bin per household is provided for the collection of domestic non-recyclable rubbish.
Everything in the green wheeled bin is taken to and ERF (Energy Recovery Facility). In order to avoid wasting precious resources and to help protect the environment, please use your green bin only for items that cannot be recycled:
Picture of green bin
- disposable nappies
- bin liners, plastic bags, cling film
Please do not put any of the following in the green bin:
- Food waste
- Sharp objects, unless they are suitably and safely wrapped
- Hazardous waste, such as paint (how to dispose of paint)
- Items that can be recycled (this includes electrical item)
- Garden waste
- Hot ash (it can damage the bin)
- Aerosols or pressurised containers
Batteries and Small electrical items
The green bin is collected every two weeks from the kerbside. Please ensure that your bin is placed at the edge of your property by 7am on the collection day. A bin collection calendar is available in the download section to enable you to find out your collection day (right).