How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
We investigate complaints alleging excessive noise or statutory nuisance arising from domestic or industrial sources.
These include nuisance from:
- smoke emitted from premises
- Report a bonfire
- fumes and gases emitted from premises
- steam, smell or effluvia emitted from industrial premises
- accumulations or deposits
- high hedges
- barking dogs
- noise from industrial and commercial premises
- construction sites
- intruder and car alarms
Our operational approach for noise matters within our control are outlined in the following documents:
Noise Policy Statement (176kb)
Noise Investigation Procedure (651kb)
It is useful to have supporting evidence when you make your complaint. An incident diary compiled over a period of at least 10 days showing:
- the times when the nuisance occurs
- how long it goes on for
- comments on the effect it has on you
will help to investigate your complaint. Incident diary sheets can be found in the download area to the right.
How long will it take
We aim to make an initial response to your complaint within 24 hrs of you contacting us and investigate your complaint fully within 8 weeks.
- Can the council deal with noise from aircraft?
- How should I handle noisy neighbours?
- How do I register a complaint regarding fouling, aggressive, noisy, or stray dogs?
- The dog next door is barking all day - can you help?
- Noise from the Bicester to Oxford Railway Improvement scheme. What's happening?