March 2015 - 3 stars in the annual SOCITM Better Connected survey.
Our Public access system has now been upgraded to the latest version. The service allows the public and consultees to view planning documents including Appeals and Enforcements, Building Control and Licensing applications.
Anyone familiar with the current version will immediately notice its new look but will quickly find it easy to use and understand. The new version comes with additional and updated functionality giving an all round improved user experience, including the ability to create a user account, which allows users to:
Public Access upgrade screenshot 1
Our online mapping service has now been upgraded to a new Google-style interface with the following improvements:
- you can now search for listed buildings, planning and building control applications
- faster & easy to use
- allows you to choose aerial photos or Ordnance Survey as your background maps
- view a range of information and services based on your address such as planning applications, your councillor or nearest recycling point
- 'Subscribe to a feed' allows you to automatically receive updated information on your computer through Internet Explorer and other browsers
- link to information on other websites based on your address e.g. crime, NHS services and census statistics for your area
- improved 'Report It' - reporting problems will be simpler and faster through the new intuitive forms
- see the YourCherwell user guide (1.3Mb) for full details
Localview screenshot 1
Localview screenshot 2
You can also keep up with latest developments on the website, when webcasts of meetings are available to view, and when new online services launch by following the web team on Twitter. Our latest tweets:
Tweets by @CherwellOnline
Planning Portal Feedback
Technical queries on the Planning Portal website should be forwarded to email@example.com (0117 372 8200).
Planning Portal contact information for specific topics is available in useful links (right).
- [PDF] YourCherwell user guide (1.3Mb)