How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
When you visit our pages do you ever think 'there's a better way to do that', 'this information should be laid out differently', or even 'I've got an idea for a new online service'?
If you do then let us know - feedback from our customers is really useful, helping us to see what we're doing right and where things need to be improved. Giving us feedback is really quick and easy, there are several ways to let us know about your experience.
The quickest and simplest way to let us know if your visit to cherwell.gov.uk has answered your query or provided the information you wanted is to click on the little faces under 'How do you rate this information' on whatever webpage you're visiting. There is a smiley face if you rate it as good, a neutral face for average and a frowny face for poor, you can select a reason for your rating and leave a short comment (please note, these are anonymous).
You can also complete our website survey. Click the 'Yes' option and at the end of your visit a short questionnaire will ask for your feedback.
March 2014 - the website has been awarded 3 stars in the annual SOCITM Better Connected survey.
What we are working on:
- a street scene to simplify reporting issues online
- the site search has been upgraded to a more powerful custom Google search. This was the top request from customer feedback and we think you'll like the improvement - please let us know.
- a redevelopment of the website which aims to make the site more 'task-based' and our online services easy to find and use
The new version of the website has now launched, please let us know your feedback. Here are some initial designs of the new site:
Our Public access system has now been upgraded to the latest version. The service allows the public and consultees to view planning documents including Appeals and Enforcements, Building Control and Licensing applications.
Anyone familiar with the current version will immediately notice its new look but will quickly find it easy to use and understand. The new version comes with additional and updated functionality giving an all round improved user experience, including the ability to create a user account, which allows users to:
Public Access upgrade screenshot 1
Our online mapping service has now been upgraded to a new Google-style interface with the following improvements:
- you can now search for listed buildings, planning and building control applications
- faster & easy to use
- allows you to choose aerial photos or Ordnance Survey as your background maps
- view a range of information and services based on your address such as planning applications, your councillor or nearest recycling point
- 'Subscribe to a feed' allows you to automatically receive updated information on your computer through Internet Explorer and other browsers
- link to information on other websites based on your address e.g. crime, NHS services and census statistics for your area
- improved 'Report It' - reporting problems will be simpler and faster through the new intuitive forms
- see the YourCherwell user guide (1.3Mb) for full details
Localview screenshot 1
Localview screenshot 2
You can also keep up with latest developments on the website, when webcasts of meetings are available to view, and when new online services launch by following the web team on Twitter. Our latest tweets:
Tweets by @CherwellOnline
Planning Portal Feedback
Technical queries on the Planning Portal website should be forwarded to email@example.com (0117 372 8200).
Planning Portal contact information for specific topics is available in useful links (right).
- [PDF] YourCherwell user guide (1.3Mb)