Website URL :

Licences and street trading

We issue a range of licences and some are issued by the county council and other organisations.

We consider applications for the following types of licences:

Image depicting EU Logo 2
EUGO logo

The county council considers applications for the following types of licences:

  • Banners above a highway
  • Public entertainment
  • Explosives and fireworks
  • Filming on the public highway
  • Petroleum
  • Places of worship
  • Scaffolding or hoarding
  • Skips
  • Wedding venues

The following licences are handled by other organisations:

  • Animal movement - Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA)
  • Credit/money lending - Office of Fair Trading
  • Door supervisors (bouncers) - Security Industry Authority
  • Gambling operator and personal - Gambling Commission
  • Minibus permits for voluntary organisations - Department for Transport
  • Nursing agencies - Commission for Social Care Inspectors
  • Security companies - Security Industry Authority
  • Tree felling - Forestry Commission
  • Waste carrier - Environment Agency
Cookie Policy