If you are having trouble paying your rent you may be able to claim and receive housing benefit.
You can use our web calculator to get an idea of whether you could qualify for help with your rent and how much you may be awarded.
Please note that the figures given by the web calculator are only a guide to the amount that you may be awarded.
You can now make your claim for housing benefit online. The housing benefit claim form is a secure form which you can save and come back to at a later time. If you need help with the form please contact our Customer Services team on 01295 227002 during normal office hours.
If you rent from a private landlord rents are based for each type of property on the average rent. Follow the link below for the average rent amounts in the local area.
- [PDF] Who can help (618kb)
- [PDF] Benefit entitlement letter explained (1.5Mb)
- [PDF] Claim form for existing Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction (132kb)
- [PDF] Housing benefit and council tax reduction claim form (863kb)
- [PDF] Direct Earnings attachments employer's guide (160kb)