How do you rate this information / service?
What we do with your feedback
The fraud investigation team aims to prevent, detect, investigate and sanction fraudulent benefit claims. We welcome benefit applications from genuine people and it should be remembered that the vast majority of claimants are genuine.
What the service is for
Suspected fraudulent claims and irregularities are investigated by a team of experienced and qualified fraud investigators.
Investigations are governed by acts of Parliament including:
- Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
- Criminal procedure and Investigation Act 1996.
We also have a corporate fraud and irregularity remit.
What to do if you suspect someone is claiming benefit they are not entitled to
You can report a suspected fraud confidentially and anonymously. We will ask details of names, addresses, place of work etc. We will only discuss investigations in accordance with the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts.
- talk to someone in our our one stop shops
- contact customer services
- us the free phone benefits fraud hotline - details on the right of the page.