Work covered by building regulations
The Building Regulations 2010 cover the construction and extension of buildings.
- replace fuse boxes and connected electrics
- install a bathroom that will involve plumbing
- change electrics near a bath or shower
- put in a fixed air-conditioning system
- replace windows and doors
- replace roof coverings on pitched and flat roofs
- install or replace a heating system
- add extra radiators to a heating system
You could need approval, or to follow special rules, for works not listed here - so always research your particular project.
To make an application, please use the form to the right of this page.